Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WTF Wednesdays: Why I should not be allowed to talk to children.

Ahhhh, Summer.  The time of year when my sister allows me to take her children out of the house unsupervised.

whoops.

Recently, my 13 year-old nephew and I hopped in the car and began our drive across town.

That's right about where things went....awry.

My nephew spotted a large pick-up truck with a cooler, a chair and a baby stroller strapped to the bed.

Nephew: Hey look at that truck!
Me: What?
Nephew: It has a stroller in the back...that's not very manly.
Me: I don't know...I think that's sexy.  It's very manly to be a good dad....
Nephew: (no response)
Me: Or he's a pedophile and that's gross.
Nephew: What's a pedophile?
Me: someone who abuses children sexually and that's illegal.
Nephew: No, no, no. STOP!
Me: What?
Nephew: Just stop.
Me: How do you not know what a pedophile is? 
Nephew: STOP
Me: Does your mother, like, talk to you at all, EVER?
Nephew: No Mimi...
Me: You're like, thirteen now right?
Nephew: I don't know these things.
Me: Well, that's just weird.
Nephew: NO.  Stop.
Me: Well...
*awkward silence*
Me: I mean, you asked.
Nephew: I know.  I changed my mind.
*longer, even more awkward silence*
Me: I mean, you should know by now not-
Nephew: I know, I know, don't ask Mimi anything. *DRAMATIC, EXASPERATED EYE ROLL*
Me: Whatevs dude.  Don't blame me for pedophilia...

WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment